Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Borderlands Review

Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

GH Points : 440

Borderlands Review Empty Borderlands Review

Post  Jordan Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 am

Borderlands Review Borderlands+splash

Welcome Vault Hunters

Borderlands is 2K's first edition of the series, (with Borderlands 2 due to be released this year) and it really sets of an excellent tone for the series. With supposedly over 87 bazillion guns, everyones game will be different.

Game Play

I found the game play in Borderlands really easy to get used too. The controls are standard shoot 'em up style. Your receive missions from different characters and mission boards, and you complete them, you will receive XP, level up, gain new skill and new guns.

You will find yourself running around fighting all sorts of enemies, from Skags, to bandits, to giant Raaks. You will need to fight your way through all the enemies to find the "Vault"

Once you have completed the game, you will also be allowed to do a second play through. In the second play through, the enemies are much harder, but the guns and booty you receive is also much better.
    Game Play: 9/10

Borderlands Review Borderlands-characters
    The characters you can choose from

Basic Storyline

You find yourself on a bus heading towards the town of Fyrestone. You will now get a choice of character, Mordecai, Lilith, Brick or Roland. Each character has a favoured style of weapon, and their own unique skill. Once you have chosen, you will jump off the bus and be greeted by a local CL4P-TP, other wise known as Claptrap. This little robot will take you through a tutorial to help you learn the game.

From here on, you will receive lots of missions, and your aim is to find the "Vault". This place is the subject of many myths and rumours. Many people have set out to find the vault, but no one has ever achieved it. Will you find the "Vault"? Play the game to find out!
    Storyline:9/10

Borderlands Review Borderlands-3_090609100432

Graphics

I have a feeling the graphics on Borderlands are a very love/hate graphics style. As you can see from some of the screenshots above, the graphics are almost cel-shaded style. Personally, I love the graphics. They are really unique. I dont know any other game with graphics like these. As the game is not trying to be realistic, the graphics cant really be wrong.
    Graphics:10/10

Borderlands does have a co-op online feature, and a very basic one vs one battle. The co-op mode I found really fun playing with my friend, and it increases the amount and strength of the enemies, and also increases the booty you receive. Once you have completed the game in single player, I would recommend trying co-op with a friend, and trying out a different character.
    Online:6/10

Overall

I think that Borderlands is a must get game. It is a really unique game in my opinion. (Please correct me if I am wrong) I downloaded this game from the Xbox marketplace, but im sure it could be picked up for around £10 second hand. And for that price, its a must get!
    Overall:9/10
    Nathan
    Nathan
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 129

Borderlands Review Empty Re: Borderlands Review

Post  Nathan Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 am

Good review, and a brilliant game.

However I think the rating for the story should be lower, it was awful (and they have already said it massively improved for the sequel). Online should be a bit higher in my opinion due to how good and fun the co-op is alone.

The cel-shaded graphics <3
    Ikram45
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 12

Post  Ikram45 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 am

Borderlands is a shooter/rpg hybrid like no other. Comes with a fun multiplayer and the presentation of this game is what I love the most. Smile
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Post  Jordan Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:05 am

Nathan wrote:Good review, and a brilliant game.

However I think the rating for the story should be lower, it was awful (and they have already said it massively improved for the sequel). Online should be a bit higher in my opinion due to how good and fun the co-op is alone.

The cel-shaded graphics <3

I kinda agree with the storyline, it was very close between 8 and 9. With the online, it is just a shame it lacks other multiplayer than co-op. That is why I gave it quite a low rating. I will lower the storyline though.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Post  Jordan Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

Jordan wrote:
    Borderlands Review Borderlands+splash

Welcome Vault Hunters

Borderlands is 2K's first edition of the series, (with Borderlands 2 due to be released this year) and it really sets of an excellent tone for the series. With supposedly over 87 bazillion guns, everyones game will be different.

Game Play

I found the game play in Borderlands really easy to get used too. The controls are standard shoot 'em up style. Your receive missions from different characters and mission boards, and you complete them, you will receive XP, level up, gain new skill and new guns.

You will find yourself running around fighting all sorts of enemies, from Skags, to bandits, to giant Raaks. You will need to fight your way through all the enemies to find the "Vault"

Once you have completed the game, you will also be allowed to do a second play through. In the second play through, the enemies are much harder, but the guns and booty you receive is also much better.
    Game Play: 9/10

Borderlands Review Borderlands-characters
    The characters you can choose from

Basic Storyline

You find yourself on a bus heading towards the town of Fyrestone. You will now get a choice of character, Mordecai, Lilith, Brick or Roland. Each character has a favoured style of weapon, and their own unique skill. Once you have chosen, you will jump off the bus and be greeted by a local CL4P-TP, other wise known as Claptrap. This little robot will take you through a tutorial to help you learn the game.

From here on, you will receive lots of missions, and your aim is to find the "Vault". This place is the subject of many myths and rumours. Many people have set out to find the vault, but no one has ever achieved it. Will you find the "Vault"? Play the game to find out!
    Storyline:8/10

Borderlands Review Borderlands-3_090609100432

Graphics

I have a feeling the graphics on Borderlands are a very love/hate graphics style. As you can see from some of the screenshots above, the graphics are almost cel-shaded style. Personally, I love the graphics. They are really unique. I dont know any other game with graphics like these. As the game is not trying to be realistic, the graphics cant really be wrong.
    Graphics:10/10

Borderlands does have a co-op online feature, and a very basic one vs one battle. The co-op mode I found really fun playing with my friend, and it increases the amount and strength of the enemies, and also increases the booty you receive. Once you have completed the game in single player, I would recommend trying co-op with a friend, and trying out a different character.
    Online:6/10

Overall

I think that Borderlands is a must get game. It is a really unique game in my opinion. (Please correct me if I am wrong) I downloaded this game from the Xbox marketplace, but im sure it could be picked up for around £10 second hand. And for that price, its a must get!
    Overall:9/10

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:47 pm