Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Ashley12
Jordan
6 posters

Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread

Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

GH Points : 440

Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread Empty Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread

Post  Jordan Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread GearsCog2

Gears of War is an Xbox 360 only game which is made by EPIC games. The first game was released in 2006 and it followed the story Marcus Fenix, a solider in the COG army, and the rest of the Delta Squad. The humans are fighting of the locust horde, and enemy who has risen from the depths of planet Sera. Will the humans survive? How will the stop the locust horde? Play the games to find out!

Use this thread for anything Gears of War related. Anything you want to post feel free.

Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread Empty Re: Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread

Post  Jordan Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:35 pm

I dont own Gears 1, but I have completed it several times. I have completed Gears 2 on insane, Reached level 100, and I only have 4 remaining Achievements to get. I also have Gears 3, which I have completed on insane too. I have hardly played online yet due to real life commitments, but I am starting to play it more now.
    Ashley12
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 24

Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread Empty Re: Gears Of War Series Discussion Thread

Post  Ashley12 Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 am

I have never played Gears of War. What is it like compared to say, MW3?

Is it worth getting?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Post  Jordan Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 am

It is very different to the MW series. I prefer Gears of War over MW, because I feel it takes more skill, but that is just my opinion. I would recommend getting all the games, they are well worth it.
    Ashley12
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 24

Post  Ashley12 Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 pm

I will have a look at it next time im shopping. if its at a good price I might pick it up
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Post  Jordan Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm

You could probably pick 1 and 2 up for less than £10 each. Not sure how much number 3 is right now though
    Davey
    Davey
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 31

Post  Davey Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 pm

One of my favourite game series. We should play at game at some point.
    UpstartCaesar3
    UpstartCaesar3
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 112

Post  UpstartCaesar3 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 pm

is 3 any good?
    does it follow on the same gameplay or anything new added?
    I'm only bout an hour or two into the campaign on gears 3 and ive finished 1 and 2
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Post  Jordan Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:00 am

Its not much different, just a few different things. Biggest changes are to horde mode, where you can buy fortifications and things to help you fight the horde
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Admin

Post  Jordan Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 am

Here are the official ads for them

Gears 3

Gears 2

Gears 1

Dany
    Dany
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 25

Post  Dany Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:15 am

Gears is awesome fun. I played online once but found the players way too immature when they lost. I usually play Gears 3 co-op wit my other half or some friends.
    wjack2010
    Amateur Gamer

GH Points : 35

Post  wjack2010 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:42 am

I've almost completed the first part of the Campaign and I only played it once so far for a couple of hours. It's a fairly good campaign. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:12 am